The Consortia of Learning and Service to Special Populations (CLASSP)
CLASSP recruits and enrolls adolescents ages 15-18 who are currently attending high school.
SELECTION OF STUDENTS
Selection factors include interest, availability, maturity, relevant experience/skills and motivation to fully participate in all program components.
Each participant and his or her parent/guardian must complete the CLASSP contract prior to enrollment in the program, indicating understanding and agreement with the program’s expectations for participation.
- To engage, educate and prepare teenagers to work successfully with individuals with
Disabilities, particularly in inclusion settings.
- To increase the likelihood that the teens will select educational and career paths working with special needs populations in the future.
- To facilitate the acquisition of work-related skills and prepare teenagers for employment.
- To increase the range of inclusion based social and recreational opportunities for children having disabilities.
- To recruit a core group of five teens from each community center.
- To provide a comprehensive 15 hour college credit-bearing educational experience for the program participants.
- To employ each teen within after-school or Sunday programs designed for children having special needs for a minimum of two hours per week throughout the course of the academic year.
For more info, contact:
Special Needs Coordinator